Thursday 30 January 2014

Like Mother, Like Daughter!

No other relationship is more commonly known for having its ups and downs than the one between a mother and daughter. Physically I inherited my mother's light brown silky hair, deep brown eyes and curves!
So now you understand why am I so Pretty?? :)
I may not always spell out but she means a lot to me. I must have often denied but the truth is that I can never ever survive without her!
But sometimes I think she is just Crazy!
For Example : When we go to a party, she is having a great time talking to her friends and people she never met before! But in the car on our way back home she tells me how disgusting those people were and how she didn't like the party!
As I tell her Everything!
OKAY! Not EVERYTHING! Something!
She always find a way to her favorite point i.e My bloody Weight!
She feels I am overweight! But she doesn't understand I am just HEALTHY!! ;)
Somedays are overwhelming!
We've had lot of arguments. Somehow I understood the fact that she didn't mean to hurt me. No mother would purposely hurt their child. The person who loves you, fights with you the most!
This transformed my relationship with her. I feel her immense love whenever she shouts on me. I just smile!
I smile because I am her Daughter!
I laugh because there is nothing she can do about it!
LOL!
These days, I get butterflies in stomach, If I don't get time to gossip!
A Man can play Cricket with his friend every week and not knowing he's getting Divorced!
Can you imagine that happening with a woman??
LOL NO!
I've had the Best conversation of my life with my mommy! Also, the worst!
I talk to her in a much franker way than daughters did a generation ago!
No Doubt! ROLES SWITCH!, Whether it's due to age, health, finances or culture!
Daughters are better equipped to take care of mommy's!

Well! Everyone has different stages in their lives with their mommy's!
Here's mine,
Stages with Ages!
Starting with :
Age 7-12
I use to wear her Heels/sandals and roll up her Dupatta ( a long scarf) as a Saree! Wanting to be just like her!
Age 13-15
She suddenly became the most Annoying person on Earth! This was the time when I preferred to just do the opposite of what she would say!
She use to try to keep a track of my whereabouts. I hated her!
I remember what she use to say, If you have never been hated by your child, you've never been a Parent!
Age 16
Stop giving me your advice! Stop asking about my Day! I need Space!
Age 17
Why can't you be cool like sammy's mom???


Age 18
I have been eating Junk food for every meal! I miss your cooking mom!
Age 19
Where are you always busy mom?? :/
Sammy and her mom are so bloody boring!
Age 20-23
Hey Mom! Do you have time for a Two-hour conversation about Nothing??
After 23 till forever
I hope I'm just like you when I'm old!
You're the best mommy!

Now, when people tell me I am just like my mother, I take it as a compliment that I hope I will be able to continue to live upto!

P.S- Whenever she nags me now for whatever reason, I just smile and say Like Mother , Like Daughter!

8 comments: